Somewhere under the Vette body is the frame. 

Time to dig it out to get to work on it.

As I was working on the frame, a good friend stopped by to show me his new 2015 Corvette.  What a cool car!  Great inspiration for me to complete my Vette.

This is the disc that will bolt up to the diff carrier to add support

I look forward to hearing the Big Block through these.  I plan to have these ceramic coated, but that will have to wait until I can save up for it.

I have the frame out on the driveway flipped over so I can start with cleaning the underside.

Looking back into the garage.  I can't wait to have the body back on the frame!

The frame sees the light of day

I removed the differential

Here the frame is surface rust free under the engine mounts.  You can see where I added gussets to the lower A-Arm mounts

I finished prepping the frame for paint.  As I was wire wheeling the frame, I found a couple of areas that needed some more welding.  Here I am welding one of the front body mounts.  The factory spot welded the mount on top and bottom.  I completed those welds and added vertical welds to add strength. 

What better place to start wire wheeling the frame than my initials that are welded into the frame.

Once I get the surface rust wire wheeled off, then it is paint time. 

Final coat of top coat drying.  I sprayed two coats of primer and two coats of top coat.  I sanded the last coat of primer with 400 grit before spraying the first top coat.

View from the street

First coat of primer

The fuel lines showed up!  With this, I now have everything I need to complete the frame in order to drop the body back on. 

After letting the last coat cure for a day, I ran a tap tho clean out the body and suspension mount treads of paint.

The frame has been in sort of a hibernation for several years. The last time I worked on it I had "mocked up" the front suspension.  I had a good momentum going, then I found I had Kidney Cancer.  This was in the Fall of 2011.  The next Spring my daughter wrecked her Jeep Cherokee and I shifted my garage focus to repairing Kermit, the Jeep Cherokee.  I ended up buying another wrecked Jeep Cherokee for parts for Kermit.  As I finished Kermit, the garage had filled up with left over Jeep parts.  I tried to sell or give away most of those parts but still had jeep parts everywhere.  At the first of 2016, I had committed to getting the Vette body back on the frame, so I saved up for frame paint and fuel lines.  I already had the complete suspension and brake lines.  I now have the frame paint and the fuel lines are on the way. 

When I welded the frame and added gussets I welded my initials under the frame that is under the driver's door.  I added the number 1 since my son is Jr. 

The frame is now ready for the first coats of primer.